ELDOA's are the new HOT tool in town. We are the only ones teaching this method in Boerne and San Antonio area.
ELDOA (Étirements Longitudinaux avec Decoaptation OsteoArticulaire) is a French acronym that translates to LOADS, osteo-articular decoaptation stretching. Its a method developed by Guy VOYER, DO.
The spine is a unique, complicated and vital structure. Compression/articular blocks can result in pain, arthritis and neurological conditions. The ELDOAs' are postural, highly effective and very precise exercises developed for each articulation in the spine and pelvis. There are also specific postures for the hips, shoulders, ribs and skull.
The GOALS of the ELDOA are the following:
• Create more space between the vertebrae.
• Reduce pressure on the disc.
• Depress the nerve between the vertebrae.
• Improve proprioception of the vertebral joint segment.
• Improve proprioception of the Functional Spine Unit (FSU).
• Move all parts of the annulus fibrosis to stimulate the water intake.
• Increase blood flow.
• Increase muscle tone and joint mechanics.
• Improve posture
• Sports recovery and relief from pain.
“Fascia is the link....it is the link between all structures of the body making the body a global structure. Fascia is the skin of the structure that gives it shape and structural integrity."
"The ELDOA put the myofascial chains into tension around the point of a primary lesion and this solicitation creates a postural normalization"
– Guy Voyer DO
Picture by Kelsey Grudle